Logistics Coordinator - ImportALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Executes daily plans by carrying out import carrier assignment, tender, and track and trace activities in support of on-time delivery of shipments.
- Updates and enters operational data within the Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Coordinates and communicates operational requests for shipments, status, and other ad hoc requests for execution with carrier dispatchers, divisions, or supplier shipping docks and managers.
- Manages through and provides options for operational failures of carrier, supplier, or warehouse related incidents to execute and deliver on-time delivery of freight.
- Manages import transportation cost to minimize transportation spending while providing on-time performance.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Logistics.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience working with freight forwarders and steam ship lines.
- Experience with different forms of Inco term shipping (e.g. FOB, EXW).
- Working knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Proficient in customs compliance regulations and import documentation.
- Ability to manage large volumes of email and phone communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at varying levels.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Knowledge of import freight consolidation procedures preferred.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.