Employee Relations Analyst IIALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Handles complex and sensitive employee concerns and investigations, including interpersonal conflict in the workplace, employee/applicant complaints, and allegations via our ethics and compliance hotline, the ALDI AlertLine.
• Acts as level two escalation for highly complex Human Capital Management system cases where additional considerations need to be made, and to provide those recommendations that mitigate legal risk.
• Develops processes and playbooks in coordination with the HR Shared Services team to develop legal matter management and ensure efficient and effective matter management business-wide.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Performs initial review and analysis of ALDI AlertLine questions and prepares recommended administrative responses.
• Oversees workplace issue management, including investigation and assisting leadership with resolution.
• Assists their direct leader with managing charges of discrimination.
• Forms collaborative relationships with leaders and employees in order to execute strategies and efforts to support the growth/strategic objectives of the Company.
• Functions as an adviser to the Human Resources Department regarding application of employment laws, regulations, and corporate human resource policies to specific business decisions.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Serves as a liaison for the Human Resources Department.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the human resource operations policies, processes, and procedures; facilitates policy changes collaboratively and communicates as appropriate.
• Oversees all HR-related ALDI AlertLine cases, facilitates investigations with HR business partners, and provides quarterly reporting on relevant metrics.
• Consults with HR business partners to address root causes of human resource issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
• Identifies and monitors metrics with HR community to ensure compliance with ALDI values and evaluates effectiveness of employee relations responsibilities throughout the organization.
• Handles special projects as they are assigned.
• Manages multiple projects and initiatives with various deadlines.
• Designs, implements, and drives process improvements and infrastructure solutions to enhance the department’s ability to assist the Company and function efficiently.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Legal Services, Human Resources, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in labor and employment law, litigation, and/or employment agreements.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior experience in a business environment.
• Strong and practical ability to identify and address employee relations issues, providing advice and guidance to HR and business leaders for issues, such as policy/practice interpretation, applicant reasonable accommodation management, conflict resolution, or other issues representing significant risk to the organization.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the Company.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions in accordance with Company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Knowledge of how legal issues affect organizations and the ability to develop strategies to coordinate legal considerations to business objectives.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with external vendors or suppliers.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Ability to anticipate legal risks as well as utilize excellent judgement and analytical skills.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to compare financial performance with projections and facilitate corrective actions when results differ significantly from plan.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Ability to travel when necessary.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.