District Manager InternALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers.
We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Skip the coffee runs. Forget hanging out in the copy room. Don't even think about twiddling those thumbs. Here, interns are a pretty big deal. We're in your corner, helping you get where you're going with hands-on projects and real responsibilities. So, when your dream job comes knocking, you'll be ready.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $1,000 week for 10 weeks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Acquires knowledge from their trainer to gain a full understanding of the roles and importance of leading by building a culture of excellence.
- Shadows a store manager and/or manager trainee to learn the fundamental aspects of store operations, including preparing a presentation and a report on an operational area to be presented to ALDI executives.
- Learns aspects of the Customer Satisfaction Pyramid while conducting customer walks and participating in store tours.
- Learns and understands all relevant store operations policies and procedures.
- Assists trainer with all administrative tasks (i.e. payroll, sales book, memo verification, invoices), as well as hiring, including interviews and orientations.
- Assists with inventory, and participates in a store reset and a grand opening if possible.
- Takes initiative to create excellent store conditions and improve store associate performance and stock efficiency.
- Works closely with members of assigned team to develop subject matter knowledge.
- Attends company/department/team trainings and meetings as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• In current pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to display initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Acts as representation for others by executing delegated tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.