Customer Service Representative I - InboundALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
At ALDI, our customers are our mission. That's just as true in our stores as it is in our offices. Our Customer Service team is made up of Managers, Supervisors, Analysts and Customer Service Representatives. Whether it's going through phone, email or social media, we connect with our customers in a compassionate and professional manner, delivering next-level service and providing a vital link between ALDI and the people who count on us for exceptional products.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wages: $12.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Understands customer service procedures and follows them accordingly.
• Receives inbound phone calls in a professional and courteous manner; handles or escalates those phone calls appropriately.
• Places outbound calls as needed to assist with customer issues.
• Works in multiple phone queues as required.
• Identifies where existing processes and procedures could potentially be more effective and efficient.
• Assists in the training and development of new hires.
• Meets and strives to exceed established goals and performance metrics; achieves overall performance goals of the organization.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Quickly develops rapport with customers and diagnoses their issues via probing questions.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Willingness to wear a phone headset.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, variable schedules, and overtime as necessary, as well as maintain regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.