We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our goal is to operate 2,500 stores by 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists their leader in review of the engineering, building, and site design with selected Architect and Engineering firms.
• Assists their leader with various meetings to present the ALDI concept and plans.
• Assists their leader with site and building cost estimates to aid in the completion of the site evaluation packages.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Assures work is completed from groundbreaking through issue of final occupancy permit in accordance with construction plans and specifications, to the highest quality standards and within budget as established by leadership via regular site visits and supervision of the general contractor.
• Reviews prototype plan updates with their leader to assure all approved changes are implemented on projects.
• Initiates and coordinates company supplied materials to construction projects.
• Coordinates the remodeling of existing facilities to assure compliance with governmental codes and ALDI specifications, as well as large maintenance and reset projects for existing stores.
• Verifies need and cost of all proposed change orders and submits to their leader for approval.
• Assures all proper permits and bonds are secured, final approvals received, lien waivers obtained, and bonds closed out.
• Works with government officials, utility companies, and suppliers to assure project deadlines are met.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Construction Management.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of construction personnel.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Knowledge of design, construction, renovation and rebuilding techniques.
• Successfully manages the work effort of outside resources within the desired timeline and budget. Travel:
• Minimal local travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.