Construction Cost Project AnalystALDI
Construction Cost Project Analyst
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our goal is to operate 2,500 stores by 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
ALDI has an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join our National Real Estate team. As a Construction Cost Project Analyst, you will work collaboratively with the Store Design & Construction Project Manager to review and analyze bids for remodel, retrofit and ground-up construction projects.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $70,000-$75,000 to commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thoroughly reviews construction bids in conjunction with divisional real estate teams using established standards to ensure completeness and accuracy to the plans and specifications.
- Aligns proposed costs and scope of work with historical project data.
- Develops new bid procedures and standards as required.
- Conducts material quantity surveys on store prototypes in order to produce accurate cost baselines.
- Performs periodic material takeoffs from 2D drawings or 3D models to validate design and contractor proposed quantities.
- Develops a value analysis for store prototypes by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Conducts cost impact analysis for potential new prototype design concepts as required.
- Collaborates with project team members and internal departments to accurately maintain and update a cost database.
- Maintains accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering.
• A minimum of 8+ years of experience in construction estimating.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Comprehensive understanding of construction means and methods in the civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
• Knowledge of external construction estimating resources such as R.S. Means.
• Highly organized with strong creative reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work and communicate successfully in a fast paced, team environment.
• Excellent technical, written, and oral communication skills.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.