Consolidations Senior AccountantALDI
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our Corporate Administration department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP.
• Analyzes and evaluates monthly consolidations of financial results to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Assists with the month end close process and intercompany transactions.
• Researches accounting standards and complex accounting transactions upon management’s request.
• Coordinates and communicates with external auditors.
• Communicates and informs leadership of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Assists leadership in implementation and roll-outs of large-scale projects and performs other special projects or duties as required.
• Completes government reports.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Public accounting experience preferred.
• CPA preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.