We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. By 2022, we plan to have 2,500 stores in communities all across the country. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Traffics all communication material reviews with agency, internal partners and ALDI management.
• Assists in setting ALDI’s corporate news strategy, takes an active lead in quarterly brainstorms, and supports detailed news plans for key ALDI-wide initiatives.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Creates and maintains key messages and holding statement repository.
• Serves as day-to-day corporate PR liaison between agency and ALDI team.
• Escalates and responds to information requests from media.
• Monitors daily news coverage in national news feeds and analyzes the grocery/retail industry.
• Writes and proofreads all corporate communications materials.
• Provides planning and execution support as needed for media-facing events (store tours) and interviews.
• Researches media and speaking bureau opportunities.
• Leads and executes B2B/trade strategy and objectives.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Public Relations and/or Communications roles.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• 2+ years of agency experience preferred.
• Familiarity with current political, civil, business and economic trends.
• Familiarity with all facets of communications, marketing and advertising, including digital, social, print, broadcast, PR and experiential.
• Demonstrated experience providing advice and recommendations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Possesses strong storytelling skills, both long and short form.
• Possesses strong project management skills.
• Possesses a wide degree of strategy, creativity and autonomy.
• Ability to manage corporate communications plans and execution.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Possesses exceptional judgment and ability to synthesize PR/news opportunities quickly and respond appropriately, along with a keen sense of knowing who and what to include in internal discussions and materials for management alignment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.