Local Delivery Driver, Glenwood Springs, CO, Class B CDL Mondays-Fridays work week! Great pay & benefits.
Our drivers are the heart & soul of our company. You'll drive a box truck to deliver gas cylinders & safety equipment to our customers.
Minimum Qualifications: Valid License with clean driving record, Class B CDL with hazmat endorsement. (may obtain hazmat after offer).
Local Delivery Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) under 26,000 lbs.
- Transport pallet goods and packages from place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods from truck at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist warehouse staff and customers with loading and unloading processes
- Map delivery routes to ensure timely deliveries
- Have a strong base knowledge regarding our products
- Interact with local customers, answer questions and advise them on our products
- Communicate traffic reports, delays, etc. to dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer Affirmative Action Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.