Temporary Farm Workers #AL2578414Agworks H2, LLC
Snow's Bend Farm, Inc., Coker, AL
Now hiring 3 temporary Farm Workers to work in Tuscaloosa County, AL from March 23, 2019 to December 15, 2019.
- Hourly wage of $11.13.
- Plant, cultivate, harvest, grade and pack vegetables, fruits and field crops including tomatoes, berries, salad greens, cooking greens, root vegetables, squash, cucumbers, onions, okra, peppers, melons, beans, eggplant, potatoes, garlic, herbs and flowers by hand or machine.
- Work outdoors in inclement weather conditions such as extreme heat, light rain and high humidity.
- Prolonged bending, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Lift, carry and load up to 50 lbs.
- No tobacco products allowed on farm property at any time.
- Due to no use of chemical pesticides on the farm, workers must physically remove and destroy insects by hand throughout the field.
- Requires three months of commercial farm work experience.
- Three quarters of an average of 45 hours/week guaranteed.
- May pay an end of season bonus of $0.10 per hour worked to employees that complete the work contract.
- Tools, supplies and equipment provided at no cost.
- Housing provided at no cost if outside commuting area.
If applicable, transportation and subsistence expense to the job will be paid upon completion of 50% of the employment period, or earlier.