Brake Press openings for day or night shifts
Operate computer-controlled laser and brake press machines performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Operate computer-controlled equipment in the Fabrication department. Most of this equipment will require a level of programming and PLC knowledge.
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Set up tooling to operate the press in line with print requirements.
- Transfer commands from servers to computer numerical control (CNC) modules using computer network links.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machine to perform one or more machine functions on metal pieces.
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays to detect malfunctions.
- Modify cutting and press programs to account for problems encountered during operation.
- Load raw material in machine in a safe manner.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Lift workpieces to machines manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Stack or load finished items.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties.
- Confer with supervisors or programmers to resolve machine malfunctions or production errors or to obtain approval to continue production.
- Implement changes to machine programs and enter new specifications, using computers.
- Set up future jobs while machines are operating.
- Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- Maintain a clean work environment adhering to and sustaining 5S requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility – Ability to understand different jobs and to have a willingness to be cross-trained.
- Cooperative – Wants to be a team player and do what is best for the company, their department, and their peers.
- Initiative – Self-starter; ability to work with minimum supervision; looks for new and better ways to do the job; contributes to the work of the department. Meets or exceeds production requirements daily.
- Quality – Accuracy, thoroughness: attention to detail, completeness of work; adequacy of results. Understands the product requirements of the parts being produced and produces product to specification.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to carry out assigned duties without injury to self or others; adhere to safety procedures; maintains orderly work area
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend technical topics, prints, and jobs. Ability to read a print, measure product to specifications.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. Consistently at work on time each and every day.
- 5S Awareness – Understands the facilities 5S guidelines and maintains area daily to meet these standards.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED; 2+ years of experience operating CNC laser equipment required.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
Other Preferences: General manufacturing knowledge; Ability to perform occasional heavy lifting; Must be able to read blueprint drawings.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is constantly required to stand, reach outward, bend, grasp, and speak. The employee is frequently required to walk, manually manipulate, reach above shoulders, and lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to crawl, lift/carry up to 20 pounds, and push/pull up to 40 pounds.
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in a manufacturing environment (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Background Screening and Drug Testing Required