Community Organizer (Dayton)
Position Available Community Organizer (Dayton) Neighborhoods B.U.I.L.D. Dayton Project Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE), a non-profit regional law firm that provides high-quality legal assistance to low-income individuals and groups in Western Ohio, seeks a Community Organizer for the Neighborhoods Bringing Urban Initiatives through Legal Development (B.U.I.L.D.) Dayton Project.
The Community Organizer will work with the Neighborhoods B.U.I.L.D. Dayton Project Director and Staff Attorneys to:
• Develop and implement an effective plan for engagement of client communities
• Strengthen relationships with client communities in our target neighborhoods
• Collaborate with existing and newly-identified neighborhood leaders to raise awareness of community-identified problems and to build leadership capacity, including campaign-building, meeting-organizing, and other self-advocacy skills
• Spend time in the community getting to know its members and culture, to listen effectively and identify issues, and then to synthesize that information and convey it to the rest of the team
• Obtain data from Project neighborhoods, track project outcomes, and analyze these outcomes to report on the impact of the Project to funders and stakeholders