Staff Attorney (Dayton)
Position Available Staff Attorney (Dayton)
Neighborhoods B.U.I.L.D. Dayton Project Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE), a non-profit regional law firm that provides high-quality legal assistance to low-income individuals and groups in Western Ohio, seeks a dynamic, creative, hardworking attorney for its Dayton office to join the Neighborhoods Bringing Urban Initiatives through Legal Development (B.U.I.L.D.) Dayton Project.
The attorney will
• Work with team members to build relationships in identified neighborhoods and communities
• Engage with community residents to determine individual and neighborhood needs and identify legal solutions
• Provide legal representation and legal tools to low-income individuals and families in targeted neighborhoods using community lawyering strategies – can include individual hearings, transactional representation, impact litigation, and policy advocacy
• Develop and facilitate community-based legal education for residents
• Assist team in measuring the project’s impact through case and project outcome and data reports
In addition to a competitive public interest law salary, we provide excellent fringe benefits. A generous loan repayment assistance program (LRAP) is available, made possible through the Ohio Access to Justice Foundation.