Supplier Quality Engineer #MB-2019-001ADNET ADVERTISING AGENCY, INC
Supplier Quality Engineer sought by Mercedes-Benz US International Inc. in Vance, AL. Investigate, analyze and correct problems of supplier parts to ensure the quality of these parts from the development phase through the end of the life cycle by collaborating cross-functional partnerships within the company (worldwide) and with suppliers within the NAFTA region.
Bachelor's or foreign equivalent in Engineering or related field of study + 2 years experience in the job offered or in an Engineering field within Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) or a tier 1 supplier. Must have:
1. Strong planning and problem skills required using established methodologies including 8-D and 5-Why;
2. Strong communication skills as well as the ability to communicate complex topics into a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment;
3. Experience using hand measurement tools (i.e., calipers, micro-meters);
4. Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and audit experience; and
5. Working knowledge in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Failure mode effects analysis (FMEA).
Frequent travel within NAFTA region, approximately 25%.