Traffic Operations Engineer(or Assistant Engineer)Ada County Highway District
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for the following position
Traffic Operations Engineer(or Assistant Engineer)
Full-time, exempt position with a starting wage range of $58,739. 00 - $76,107. 00 per year, DOQ. Closes 4/24/19.
• Under the supervision of the Congestion Management Supervisor, the Traffic Operations (Ops) Engineer/Asst. Traffic Ops Engineer plans, organizes and implements traffic flow and safety improvements, including signal timing and coordination; makes adjustments to signal timing for construction, special events and incidents that result in detours and/or lane closures.
• Investigates and resolves traffic signal operations-related problems and complaints; communicates with individual citizens via phone and in writing regarding the operation of traffic signals.
• Will assist in the operation of the Traffic Management Center (TMC).
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of traffic engineering principles and practices, traffic signal operations and software applications such as Synchro and HCS. The candidate must also have considerable knowledge of traffic laws and regulations (MUTCD) and street and road construction practices. The successful candidate must have proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Traffic Ops Engineer: A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related Engineering field is required. Must be a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Idaho or able to obtain PE within one year. Or, an extensive combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be acceptable.
• Assistant Traffic Ops Engineer: A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Traffic Engineering or related Engineering field is required. Possession of an Engineer-in-Training (EIT) within one year is also required. Or, any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience may be acceptable.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required for each opening which must be submitted to HR by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date of the job. Complete job details, qualifications, and applications are available at 3775 Adams St., Garden City, or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer - Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations