Engineering Technician I/II/IIIAda County Highway District
Engineering Technician I/II/III
Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for an Engineering Technician I, II, or III in the Development Services Department. Starting wage is $19.62 - $27.29 hourly, DOQ.
This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Engineering Technician reviews commercial and residential developments for compliance with ACHD policies and standards.
- Also performs plan review, stormwater design review, and subdivision plat reviews, assists inspection staff, and provides oral and written communication of results within a strict deadline. The incumbent answers inquiries from the public, developers, engineers, and other agencies.
- Engineering Technician I: The ability to read civil plans is required. A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field is a plus. Previous development review experience is preferred, but not required.
Engineering Technician II: Requires 2 years of experience.
Engineering Technician III: Requires 3-5 years of experience.
- The position requires a working knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply policies and standards to documents and plans.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of ArcView or other mapping software is a plus. A valid Idaho driver’s license is required.
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills
and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on February 11, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations