Apply Now

Engineering Technician I/II/III

Ada County Highway District
Garden City, ID Full-time
Posted on January 29, 2020
Engineering Technician I/II/III


Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for an Engineering Technician I, II, or III in the Development Services Department. Starting wage is $19.62 - $27.29 hourly, DOQ.

This position includes an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).

Primary Responsibilities:

  • The Engineering Technician reviews commercial and residential developments for compliance with ACHD policies and standards.
  • Also performs plan review, stormwater design review, and subdivision plat reviews, assists inspection staff, and provides oral and written communication of results within a strict deadline. The incumbent answers inquiries from the public, developers, engineers, and other agencies.


  • Engineering Technician I: The ability to read civil plans is required. A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or a related field is a plus. Previous development review experience is preferred, but not required.
    Engineering Technician II: Requires 2 years of experience. 
    Engineering Technician III: Requires 3-5 years of experience.
  • The position requires a working knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and practices and the ability to apply policies and standards to documents and plans.  
  • Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.  Knowledge of ArcView or other mapping software is a plus. A valid Idaho driver’s license is required.
  • Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills
    and abilities may be acceptable.


A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on February 11, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or at


An AA/EEO/ADA Employer

Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations