Independent Living Skills Worker - Full time #257Accessible Space
Accessible Space is seeking a full-time Independent Living Skills Worker in the Twin Cities area.
Independent Living Skills Worker duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting clients towards achieving maximum functional independence
- Promote community integration, safety, and effective problem solving.
- Document client events and progress, provide crisis intervention, prepare client/program reports as required by private and public funding.
- A minimum of two years of successful experience working with individuals with disabilities. Two years of successful experience in a related independent position requiring independent judgment and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work respectfully with a diverse range of individuals in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and shift priorities.
- Flexibility in work hours and locations to best meet the needs of the individuals served.
- Ability to travel inside/outside throughout the community, in all kinds of weather.
- Must be able to safely transport individuals and their equipment in the worker’s vehicle.
- Must provide valid license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
- Education and training in a related field.
- Experience in evaluating need, developing goals, and measuring goal attainment.
- Knowledge of community resources(housing, employment, transportation) for people with disabilities.
- Understanding of Medicaid, Social Security, Minnesota Supplemental Aid requirements, HUD Housing guidelines, and waiver eligibility.