COMMERCIAL CREDIT ANALYST IIAbington Bank
Performs credit analysis on assigned accounts handled by the commercial loan department in conformance with established policies, procedures and objectives.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers.
1. Prepares analysis on simple to moderately-complex commercial credit requests. Spreads and makes interpretative analysis of financial statements and prepares memorandum for use in loan decisioning. Makes risk rating recommendations.
2. Prepares Credit Review on existing relationships with the objective of maintaining a current, complete body of review of the commercial loan portfolio. Spreads and makes interpretative analysis of updated financial statements and other information received on existing relationships. Reports on overall credit quality and makes an updated assessment of financial condition. Makes updated risk rating recommendations.
3. Assists in spreading of financial statements and maintenance of financial statement tracking to ensure that database is current. May also assist in quality control audit of financial documents.
4. As needed, may prepare agenda and reports for Loan Committee meetings and upload agenda and reports onto web portal for viewing by committee members and staff.
5. As needed, may prepare and distribute a variety of recurring reports for use in the monitoring and administration of the commercial loan portfolio.
6. May respond to a variety of inquiries on commercial banking customers.
7. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
8. Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in finance-related discipline plus 6 to 12 months credit-related experience, or equivalent specialized course work and training plus two years of credit-related experience. Strong knowledge of accounting with basic knowledge of credit analysis and loan documentation. Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
Performs work independently within scope of established guidelines and practices. Consults with manager where clarification or exception to Bank policy may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any physical demands or work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.